Accepting the terms and conditions of the Legal notice
By using the ECHA-term Portal, Database and Software (hereinafter ECHA-term products), you agree to the provisions contained in the present Legal notice. If you have any questions about the terms and conditions contained in the legal notice, please contact ECHA Communication Unit email@example.com
Update of the Legal notice
(a) The European Chemicals Agency (hereinafter ECHA) may amend this Legal notice at any time. The amended terms and conditions shall be effective on the date such amendments are posted on the ECHA-term Portal. ECHA may also add, delete or modify some or all of its services, including without limitation, services related to offering terminology searches at any time.
(b) ECHA reserves the right to modify or discontinue at any point in time, temporarily or permanently, the ECHA-term products (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that ECHA shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuation of the ECHA-term products.
The Translation Centre for the Bodies of the European Union (hereinafter the Translation Centre) maintains this portal on behalf of the European Chemicals Agency to enhance public access to multilingual terminology on the EU chemicals legislation. Our goal is to keep this information timely and accurate. If errors are brought to our attention, we will try to correct them. However both Agencies accept no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the information on this site and the information does not necessarily reflect the official opinion of the Agencies.
This information is:
· of a general nature only and is not intended to address the specific circumstances of any particular individual or entity;
· not necessarily comprehensive, complete, accurate or up to date;
· some entries are linked to external sites over which the European Chemicals Agency has no control and for which the Agency assumes no responsibility;
· not professional or legal advice (if you need specific advice, you should always consult a suitably qualified professional).
Please note that it cannot be guaranteed that data available online exactly reproduces an officially adopted legal text. Only European Union legislation published in paper editions of the Official Journal of the European Union is deemed authentic.
It is our goal to minimize disruption caused by technical errors. However, some data or information on our site may have been created or structured in files or formats that are not error-free and we cannot guarantee that our service will not be interrupted or otherwise affected by such problems. Both Agencies accept no responsibility with regard to such problems incurred as a result of using this site or any linked external sites.
Intellectual Property Rules
© European Chemicals Agency 2011. Reproduction is authorised provided the source is fully acknowledged in the form "Source: ECHA, http://echa-term.echa.europa.eu/", and provided written notification is given to the ECHA Communication Unit (firstname.lastname@example.org).
By using the ECHA-term portal, database or software you acknowledge that:
- ECHA-term products contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by the applicable laws and regulations
- you are not allowed to copy, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, or distribute the ECHA-term Software (including the underlying data structure and all user interfaces) owned by ECHA and/ or to permit anyone to access or use and/or create derivative works based on this Software, in whole or in part.
- you are not allowed to access the ECHA-term database by any means other than through the interface that is provided for accessing the ECHA-term portal.
- you are not allowed to remove or alter the copyright notices or other means of identification or disclaimers as they appear in the ECHA-term Portal and/or Database and/or export files,
- you are permitted to search, view, retrieve, download and display the content of the ECHA-term database. Any commercial use or redistribution, excerpt as required in translation of documents or in supporting regulatory requirements and/or for reports required by national law or administrative policy, is not permitted without the prior written permission of ECHA.
- you are not allowed to use any of the ECHA-term products, trademark and logo in such a way as to suggest to your clients that you or your representatives are acting on behalf of ECHA, Translation Centre or of any other EU Institution or Body.
ECHA and the Translation Centre are committed to user privacy.
The policy in relation to protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions is based on Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2000.
You can browse the ECHA-term database without giving away any personal information. However, in some cases, personal details are required. For more details, please consult the Specific Privacy Statement for ECHA-term.
ECHA wishes to inform users of the ECHA-term portal that the CAS Information contained in this website is the property of the American Chemical Society and any use or redistribution, except as required in supporting regulatory requirements and/or for reports required by national law or administrative policy, is not permitted without the prior written permission of the American Chemical Society.
Site usage information
The ECHA-term portal website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help the web team analyses how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the portal (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
Cookies do not contain any personal information about you and cannot be used to identify an individual user.
We provide links to many European Institutions and other sites that are relevant to the terminology in the ECHA-term database. You should be aware that:
· ECHA and the Translation Centre are not responsible for the contents of any pages referred to from their website. Linking to other web sites should not be taken as an endorsement of any kind by ECHA or the Translation Centre.