Accepting the terms and conditions of the Legal notice
By using the ECHA-term Portal, Database and Software (hereinafter “ECHA-term Products”), you agree to the provisions contained in this legal notice (hereinafter “Legal notice”). If you have any questions about the terms and conditions contained in the Legal notice, please contact ECHA through the information request forms on ECHA’s contact page https://echa.europa.eu/contact.
Update of the Legal notice
(a) The European Chemicals Agency (hereinafter “ECHA”) may amend the Legal notice at any time. The amended terms and conditions will be effective on the date such amendments are posted on the ECHA-term Portal. ECHA may also add, delete or modify some or all of its services, including without limitation, services related to the offering of terminology searches at any time.
(b) ECHA reserves the right to modify or discontinue at any point in time, temporarily or permanently, the ECHA-term Products (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that ECHA shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuation of the ECHA-term Products.
The ECHA-term Products are maintained by ECHA to enhance public access to multilingual terminology on EU chemicals legislation. Our goal is to keep this information on this website timely and accurate. If errors are brought to our attention, we will try to correct them. However ECHA does not accept any responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the information on this website and the information does not necessarily reflect the official opinion of ECHA.
This information is:
- of a general nature only and is not intended to address the specific circumstances of any particular individual or entity;
- not necessarily comprehensive, complete, accurate or up to date;
- some entries are linked to external sites over which the ECHA has no control and for which ECHA assumes no responsibility;
- not professional or legal advice (if you need specific advice, you should always consult a suitably qualified professional).
Please note that it cannot be guaranteed that the information available on this website exactly reproduces an officially adopted legal text. Only European Union legislation published in the Official Journal of the European Union is deemed authentic.
It is our goal to minimise disruption caused by technical errors. However, some data or information on this website may have been created or structured in files or formats that are not error-free and we cannot guarantee that our service will not be interrupted or otherwise affected by such problems. ECHA accepts no responsibility with regard to such problems incurred as a result of using the ECHA-term Products, or any linked external websites.
Intellectual Property Rules
© European Chemicals Agency 2011-2018.
By using the ECHA-term Products you acknowledge that:
- ECHA-term Products contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable laws and regulations.
- you are not allowed to copy, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, or distribute the ECHA-term Software (including the underlying data structure and all user interfaces) owned by ECHA and/or to permit anyone to access or use and/or create derivative works based on this Software, in whole or in part.
- you are not allowed to access the ECHA-term Database by any means other than through the interface that is provided for accessing the ECHA-term Portal.
- you are not allowed to remove or alter the copyright notices or other means of identification or disclaimers as they appear in the ECHA-term Portal and/or Database and/or export files,
- you are permitted to search, view, retrieve, download and display the content of the ECHA-term Database. Any commercial use or redistribution, except as required in the translation of documents or in supporting regulatory requirements and/or for reports required by national law or administrative policy, is not permitted without the prior written permission of ECHA. Requests shall be submitted to ECHA through the information request forms on ECHA’s contact page https://echa.europa.eu/contact.
- you are not allowed to use any of the ECHA-term Products and logo(s) in such a way as to suggest to other parties that you or your representatives are acting on behalf of ECHA, or any other EU institution or body.
ECHA is committed to user privacy.
You can browse the ECHA-term Portal and Database without giving away any personal information. However, in some cases, personal details might be required.
For ECHA’s personal data protection policy and more information on personal data protection, parties are invited to consult ECHA’s dedicated webpage on personal data protection at http://echa.europa.eu/about-us/the-way-we-work/personal-data-protection.
ECHA wishes to inform users of the ECHA-term portal that the CAS Information contained in this website is the property of the American Chemical Society and any use or redistribution, except as required in supporting regulatory requirements and/or for reports required by national law or administrative policy, is not permitted without the prior written permission of the American Chemical Society.
Site usage information
The ECHA-term uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (hereinafter "Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help the web team analyse how users use the website. The information generated by the cookies about your use of the ECHA-term Products (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
Cookies do not contain any personal information about you and cannot be used to identify an individual user.
We provide links to the websites of many European institutions and bodies, and other websites that are relevant to the ECHA-term Database. You should be aware that:
- ECHA does not endorse or accept any responsibility for the contents or use of these other websites.
If one of the links is not working, please notify ECHA via the contact form available on the ECHA website.