Registration Dossier

Data platform availability banner - registered substances factsheets

Please be aware that this old REACH registration data factsheet is no longer maintained; it remains frozen as of 19th May 2023.

The new ECHA CHEM database has been released by ECHA, and it now contains all REACH registration data. There are more details on the transition of ECHA's published data to ECHA CHEM here.

Diss Factsheets

Physical & Chemical properties

Water solubility

Currently viewing:

Administrative data

Link to relevant study record(s)

Description of key information

The key value chosen for the chemical assessment was calculated as medium value of 4 .7 and 7.3 mg/l.

Key value for chemical safety assessment

Water solubility:
6 mg/L
at the temperature of:
20 °C

Additional information

The solubility of the tested UVCB substance in water was determined from the measured concentrations of dissolved organic carbon (DOC) in the filtrated test solutions (DOC, measured as total carbon TC minus inorganic carbon IC) according to the applicable OECD and EU guidelines.

In a preliminary study, the solubility of the test item in water was determined to be < 10 mg/L.

In the main study, the flask flow-shaking method was used and nominal test substance concentrations of 100, 290, 500, 600, 800 and 1000 mg/L were analyzed towards their measured DOC concentration. From the measured DOC values, the concentrations of FAV-ES were calculated taking into account the total organic carbon of the test item (73,39%).

During the test a dependency was observed between the solubility and the pH value of the solution on one hand and the nominal loading of test item on the other hand. This is not unexpected for a UVCB substance, as such a UVCB substance might contain a combination of less soluble and more soluble substances.

Due to the dependency of the solubility on the nominal loading of the test item, no definite value for the solubility of the test item in water can be derived from the test. Nevertheless, the results show that in the nominal loading range of 500 -1000 mg/L, on average 0.8% of the test item is dissolved in the water phase. The remaining 99.2% of the test item is insoluble in water under the conditions of the test.

It was not experimentally established which fragment or constituent of the test item this 0.8% represented.

In order to further evaluate the outcome of the water solubility test on FAV-ES, the water solubility of each individual substance in the UVCB is estimated using EpiSuite.

The QSAR results show that none of the contsituents of FAV-ES has a water solubility of >= 1 mg/L. One constituent has a water solubility > 100 µg/L and 2 constituents > 10 µg/L. The vast majority of the constituents however has a water solubility << 10 µg/L. It is to be noted that the 3 constituents with a solubility > 10 µg/L only occur in relevant concentrations in the crude grade composition.

The results of the QSAR assessment are in line with the findings of the water solubility test, i.e. the majority of the constituents of FAV-ES have a water solubility << 10 µg/L.