Data platform availability banner - registered substances
REACH - Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals Regulation
Registered Substances Factsheets
Substances which have been registered and can be placed on the EEA market by those companies with a valid registration
In this table, you will find all public data submitted to ECHA in REACH registration dossiers by substance manufacturers, importers, or their representatives, as laid out by the REACH Regulation (see Understanding REACH regulation).
ECHA makes available this information as REACH registered substance factsheets, which contain the full set of non-confidential information from related registration dossiers for a substance. Depending on the number of registrations that have been made for a substance, one factsheet can thus represent data from anything between hundreds of registration dossiers in a joint submission, to data from just one registration dossier.
As noted in the Legal Notice of the ECHA website, ECHA does not give any guarantees or warranties regarding the quality and correctness of the published information. The information in the portal is published ‘as provided’ by industry, and its accuracy has not been verified by ECHA. ECHA is also not in a position to intervene with, edit or correct the published data; this can only be done by the registrant responsible for its submission. Please also note that the information may be protected and its use may require prior permission from its owner (see the ECHA website Legal Notice more details).
In the portal results table are presented:
- Public substance identity – the best available non-confidential substance name, EC, and CAS numbers.
- Registration status – indicating the calculated registration status for the whole factsheet: Active – is being manufactured or imported to the EEA by one or more registrants; Cease Manufacture - is no longer being manufactured or imported above 1 tone per calendar year. All registrants of the substance have reported a cease of manufacture or import; or No longer valid - no longer considered registered under REACH and not currently allowed to be manufactured or imported to the EEA, until the substance is registered again.
- Registration type – indicating whether a given factsheet contains data from a REACH full registration, REACH intermediate registration, or only a limited set of data inherited from a NONS notification.
- Submission type – indicating whether the data in a given factsheet was submitted jointly or individually.
- Total tonnage band – calculated per factsheet from all contributing registrations, based on the estimated quantity of the substance placed on the market. Data is excluded from dossiers where the tonnage is claimed confidential, from Intermediate registration dossiers, and from NONs which have not been updated.
- Last updated – indicating the date on which this registered substance factsheet was last modified with new or updated data, based on an industry submission.
- Link to the full factsheet.
A subset of the key chemical properties (physico-chemical, environmental fate, ecotoxicological and toxicological data) of registered substances can be searched and accessed via the OECD eChemPortal.